Sunday, July 10, 2005

Tri Club Sunday run

10.2Kin 58:20. Laboured.

It was blowing a gale when I rose this morning, so I decided to use my long tights for the first time ever on a run. The wind held up during the run, but on the whole the extra warmth led to extra sweating, and I'd say I'd have been just as comfortable in short tights.

I met up with the others at St Matthews chrch in Windsor, the standard meeting place, and we set off. There were five of us if you include Tiger, the club president's Border Collie, and we were taking it relatively easy. Tiger and I were the only runners who had not completed an Iron Man in this little group, so I was running in good company.

Normally the pace we set, a touch under 6 minute K's wouldn't be a hassle for me. Today it felt hard. I don't know if it was the wind or the after effects of the Gold Coast. Most likely a little from column A and a little from column B.

The HR got up to about 165 towards the end of the run, and that means I'm working, so I'm glad I didn't opt for 15 this morning as I was tempted to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyne said...

Ben, you're a legend!
Training well with your new job and a commute that is (almost) tri-state in Canberra; a hard race last weekend, and a hard session yesterday.
The Ironpeople did that distance and pace in the poor conditions, you held on . . . good stuff!
You'll have to alter your profile soon though, no more bottom quartile.

11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home