Friday, September 09, 2005

A Hectic Old Week

Mon AM: Recovery Run. 6K in 40:47.
Tue PM: Swim squad. 2K. Solid Session
Wed AM: Midweek hard run. 7K in 38:35. Not too hard.
Fri AM: Mini tempo run, 4.35K, including 2K at 5:30 pace.

Work has been a bit of a shitfight all week. Iknew it would be, but it exceeded expectations. I am still partially involved in closing down the chain I used to work for, I am learning the ropes of the new job and to top it off, the business has a new computer system, the implementation of which I am to be involved.

I got into it at 4:00 on Monday for the shorter 6K recovery run. I felt a bit rough on this run, but got through it OK.

Tuesday night was a solid squad session. The hard bit was a series of 4 * 100m sprints that left me sounding like ye olde asthmatic donkey.

Wednesday morning I shortened the Sydenham run to 7K, still done at 5:30 pace, and I was still feeling a bit rough, and the last few K sort of sucked.

On Tuesday I had received a timely reminder to pack my medication for Sydenham (you know who you are - thank you!). It was a good thing I did remember. Wednesday was such a full on day at work I couldn't face the drive home, so I stayed a second night at my sister's.

Friday morning I went for a really, really short tempo run. The plan was 1.5K with the dogs, 2K @ 5:30 pace and then another 1.5K warm down with the dogs. All was going to plan, but when I got back to take the dogs out again it was obvious they had other ideas. They dragged the chain for about 800m, and then Beth just sat down. They had had enough, so I walked them home. I'm finally starting to feel a bit more rested. Hopefully by Sunday everything should come good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Good luck for Sunday Ben. I'm sure all your commitment will pay off.

9:58 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

Good luck for Sunday!

10:05 pm  
Blogger Horrie said...

Run well on Sunday Ben. I'm sure the atmosphere of the day will pull you through.

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben
If I don't get to catch up with you on Sunday morning, hope you enjoy your run and are happy with your time.

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home