Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hard Work on the Bike

Sat AM: Ride, 50K in 1:59

The seediness on Thursday turned out to be a dodgy meal working it's way through my system. I felt faint and queasy for the entire day. To compound the problems I had neglected to take my anti deppressants on Wednesday and Thursday. I though I was quite well, but I soon turned into an angry ball of stress and had two nights of no sleep whatsoever.

So by Friday morning I was feeling extremely faint and pretty lethargic. I decided 4:30AM speedwork was very unwise and took another rest day. Friday night I managed a little sleep, so this morning I headed out for a tri club ride.

I've got to say I don't feel too comfortable on the newer bike that Craig has lent me. I seem to have to do a hell of a lot more work on it to ride at the same pace. It felt like the pack was flying (and they were going pretty quick, the avge speed sans breaks was 27.5kph), and I couldn't keep up. I got dropped a number of times and caught up when other guys flatted or they reached one of the two designated "wait for stragglers" areas. At the last such area I went past, and I didn't see any of them until five minutes after I got to the coffee shop.I've been having fun with the Garmin, so a map of the tri club ride course is included below for your enjoyment:















I'm feeling a bit sore this afternoon, but a good night's sleep should see me right for a 21.1K training run in Bankstown tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Hi Benny
Sounds like you've had a rough few days. I hope you have a couple of good nights sleep and start feeling better soon.

7:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben
After your rough week, I hope you can enjoy your run tomorrow.
I'm dipping out of this race too - I'll be doing a 19km training run early tomorrow but can't afford the travelling time to and from Bankstown (work's been so full on).
Have a great run!

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home