Thursday, August 18, 2005

A little bit seedy

Mon AM: 7K Recovery Run.
Tue PM: 1200m Swim. Went hard.
Wed AM: 10K Run

I felt pretty rough on my recovery run Monday morning, all muscles vociferously complaining post C2S. I struggled through for the standard two loops around Windsor.

A family birthday saw me switch my weekly night at Sydenham to Wednesday night. This meant that after work on Tuesday I drove home and had a swim at the local pool.

With the local footy team training in the next lane and squads taking half the pool it was extremely crowded and choppy. I decided to go for a short sharp session, so I did a 200m warm up and I went into some 50m sprints. With the chopiness I found it difficult to get my stroke going efficiently, but I figured that this was useful "triathlon conditions" training anyway.

I also threw in some 100m efforts and a few 25 easy/25 hard laps. When I felt my stroke going to shit I did a 100m warm down and went home.

I had to get up at 4:15 to run on Wednesday morning. Because I was at home I did a 3.5K warm up with the dogs at about 6:30 pace after which I ran down to Bligh Park and back (6.5K) at about 5:30 pace. The first few K were awful. I felt achey and rough and I wondered why the hell I got out of bed. It took me about two thirds of the run to hit a rhythm, but I finished strongly and felt pretty good afterwards.

Today is a rest day, and I need it. I had incredible insomnia last night - fully alert all night despite the fact (or possibly because) I had three beers and a port with dinner last night.

I do feel a little bit seedy today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oh good. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling a little seedy today :-)

12:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you now "unseedy", Ben! Hope we meet up again at Blackmore's half...stay relaxed & sleep well tonight!

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home