Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday Run in Taper

Run: 14K in 81 minutes

There was a light rain falling as I headed out this morning for an easy 14K run. I have a favourite course for 14K - it's a loop that takes me to Richmond via South Windsor and back to Windsor via Clarendon.

I reckon I took it out a bit hard for the first half - it was supposed to be at standard long run pace of about 6 minute Ks, but it was more like 5:40s. I settled down a bit in the second half and brough it home in 5:50s.

The Sunday run in taper is an enjoyable run for me - I like to run a distance that isn't a chellenge, but still gives the body a bit of a workout, and this one did the trick perfectly.

And just to do a bit of Garmin "showing off" (come on, they're all doing it!), here's the satellite photo:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Hi Benny. See you Sunday. Not sure if I'm running 1:50 group. So many reasons not to at the moment. Cant resist a challenge though ...

10:32 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Benny,

Happy running on Sunday. You've been training so well recently; it will definitely pay off. See you then,

J.

9:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home