Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Slow recovery

Mon AM: Recovery Run, 4.7K in 33 minutes
Tues PM: Soft Swim Squad. 1.6K
Wed AM: Midweek Run, 8.2K in 49 minutes

Monday was a rough old recovery run. Two shortened loops around Windsor. I went very slowly and I felt like shit.

I was still feeling shitty when I fronted for swim squad on Tuesday. I took it really easy, and barely finished the warm up in the hour. Near the end the sadistic swim instructor had me doing some drills involving fins. My legs felt shot by the end.

I still needed to take it easy this morning, only going for 8K at 6:00 pace, but I still felt like I'd had a hard workout. The weekend has obviously knocked me around savagely. I started sniffling last night, and tonight it seems a cold is coming on. Luckily tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, and I'll see how I feel after that.

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

I think your body might be telling you to take it easy Benny. Don't want to go and get sick now. Take care.

9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home