Saturday, September 17, 2005

Taking it Easy

Fri AM, Tempo Run: 7.2K in 46:33

I've been having a bit of a bludge for the last few days. On Thursday my cold worsened, but I felt OK on Friday morning, so I decided a really soft tempo run would be OK.

I started with a mile with the dogs around McQuade Park, dropped them home and went on a 4K run around Windsor at about 5:40 pace and finished with another lap around the park with the dogs.

The "effort" was exactly that. It felt harder than it usually would at that pace (well derr, Ben - you're sick, you idiot).

After that run I immediately started recovering from the cold. By today I hardly had any symptoms, but I still had no road bike - it was still in the shop this morning. I decided that all things considered another rest day would do me good, so I got stuck into a few things around the house.

I have got a second opinion on the bike - I'm going to try getting a longer seat post and see if that works.

The easy week has me really looking forward to getting out for 14K or so tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home