Sunday, September 18, 2005

Spring is here

Run: 16.5K in 1:35:47

It was just a glorious morning in Windsor this morning.

I got out at 6:30AM for what I hoped would be about 14K. I hadn't had a run around Windsor Downs for ages, so I decided to go down that way. There is a fire trail between Bligh Park and Windsor Downs that starts about 5K from my place. I was struggling a bit by the time I hit the fire trail - the legs were just in a bit of pain.

This passed soon after I got into Windsor Downs, and I settled into a good rhythm. I had a vague memory of there being a loop around that would make a 14K run, so I turned where I thought I'd be able to loop back, but I didn't find a road back, so at 8.25K I just turned around to go back the way I'd come.
I faded a bit late in the run, especially in the 2nd last K which has a nasty long rise that buggers you at the end of a long run.

Pulled up well. Very happy with the run.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a great run Benny. I was in Penrith during the weekend; the weather was glorious wasn't it?

Have a great week. Are you coming to drinks on Friday?

J.

9:03 am  
Blogger Carolyne said...

I took the liberty of examining your glorious run on the Motionbased 'Trail Network' - fantastic!

Glad to see that sunny South Windsor was so good that morning. Your dogs need to improve their training endurance though.

8:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home