Friday, January 13, 2006

Living on the Edge

Fri PM: Run, 17K in 1:39

Well, today I picked up where I left off, and that's with running, not Krispy Kremes.

I didn't receive sfGnomes excellent advice to visualise them as treacle covered dog the one turds until too late. Instead I ate one and then looked up the nutritional information on the website, which was enough to prevent me from eating another one.

Now, I like to think I'm a risk taking, off-beat kinda guy who lives on the edge. With this in mind, I did something crazy today.

I did my long run on a Friday night!

I had been looking forward to this run for a while. I knew once I reached 16K I could use a loop I've only done once before but really enjoyed. It's a loop based on a course I pinched from 2P's Website.

It was an awesome run. You know the type, when you feel light on your feet, you're in a great mood and as Simon Townsend used to say, the world really is wonderful.

To be honest, it was a bit slow (average pace 5:52) and the cardio didn't enjoy it much (average HR 165, 86% MHR). It was a bit humid and I sweated buckets, but this is just all of the detail. The important thing is that I had a really enjoyable run.

4 Comments:

Blogger Horrie said...

You are exactly right Ben. The important thing is that you enjoyed the run. Sometimes we get so wrapped up with training plans, we forget to enjoy ourselves along the way.

1:48 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

I am so glad there are no Krispy Kreme outlets in Brissie that I know of. And if there I don't want to find out!

Ya gotta love those runs where you feel like that, hey. Hmmmm, wonder if the donut had something to do with it ....

3:19 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! Sounds fantastic Benny. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your run.

8:58 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

I call those runs Soul Food!!! The runs you do for the joy- not for the kms, pace or time! Thnaks for your support on my blog :-)

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home