Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Keep Forgetting ...

Weight: 78.2kg (fat bastard)
Sleep: Good

This post is just an answer to a question sfGnome asked me several posts ago, I keep blogging when I'm tired and forgetting to answer it.

The logic behind my taper is:

The 15K walk the week before is simply the factoring in of the fact that I have agreed to do the Walk Against Want with a friend.

The days leading up to the half will not be strenuous. I have marked the Friday before as a 5K Tempo run. On reflection, I might do this on the Thursday and leave the Friday as a rest day. In any case it will just be a 5K jog with a K at HM pace, just to remind my legs that they are expected to run fast. I will probably add a couple of strides into the run the day before for the same reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Thanks. The walk makes sense now (and you had mentioned it - I just forgot). Here I was thinking that it was some new low-impact long run equivalent for mid-taper stage...

sfG

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to giggle every time I see you use the term "fat bastard". Not that your weight is funny but it reminds me of an episode of Crossing Jordan where this huge African/American pimp gets himself shot dead under mysterious circumstances.

As the story goes he was the larger than life, head honcho of the local pimping business. A real legend in his neighbourhood who wore loads of bling, bling and flashy clothes. The funny bit was his name which was "Phat bastard" -the spelling apparently was very important if you valued your life.

wt :-)

11:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home