Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Midweek Magic

Tue PM: 1.6K Swim Squad
Wed PM 9.25K Run, 4K of HM Pace

Swim Squad was standard fare.

Tonight's run was a pearler. I felt reasonable during the day, but a little fatigued. It looked like it was about to urinate down when I got home so I got straight into my gear and out the door.

The plan was for 9K with 3K at HM pace, stretching it out to 4K if I was feeling OK. It was cold and windy when I set out on my standard 9K River Run. I did the first four K at standard training pace, feeling better as each K went by. At 4K I slipped into pace and did the next two at 5:10 & 4:54. I was puffing a little bit and thinking I should slow down a bit, but then I really hit a rhythm. I missed the next split, but I was still going strong after the third at pace (5:11) that I did the fourth (5:07). The wind was a cross breeze, so it didn't knock me around, and the rain held off until the last K, when it cooled me down.

Tomorrow is a rest day, and I feel great after a top session.

As Gronk would say:

Mood: :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Ok, windy I can imagine, but cold!!!

Hey, good on you for pushing on to that 4th fast km. And well done running it faster than the first three!

10:50 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

Great to hear you had such a good one Benny - don't ya love it when it goies like that? :-)

10:57 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Excellent... :-))

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home