Monday, February 20, 2006

Back to my Westie roots

Sat AM: Ride, 34K at 30.3kph.
Sun AM: SMC 10K. 53:50. Solid hitout.
Mon AM: Recovery Run. 9K @ 5:40

Saturday saw me out at the 'riff. DJ decided to do a sedate walk of the 5K regatta centre loop with a couple of friends. I took it as an opportunity for a quick flat ride, and ended up doing seven laps for 34K (it's not the full 5K) at an average speed of 30.3kph - as fast as I have ever gone over an entire ride.

Sunday morning had me out at Smiffo for the SMC 10K. Many of the usual crew had passed up this month's race, but just as I was starting to feel lonely (cue violins) Plu turned upand so I had someone to yak to before the race.

I was treating this as a fastish training run, and for this purpose it was executed excellently - I ran the entire 10K between 5:13 and 5:30 pace, finishing in 53:50. I was stoked about this; I usually just can't run at a consistent pace.

This morning was a 9K hitout. It was supposed to be at recovery run pace, but it finished up on 5:40 because I felt fresh, so I went a bit harder.

This week promises to be hectic once again, but as opposed to last week it is a real "pointy end of the preparation week. I'll just have to be focussed. Right after this little nap...

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Things sound like they are going really well for you... Yeah You!! See you saturday???

8:04 pm  
Blogger Horrie said...

Well done on running an even paced run Ben. Glad to see the chunders didn't get you.

8:17 pm  
Blogger Gronk said...

Good run on the weekend Benny. Hard work will pay off for you very soon.

7:56 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

You dopn't need any cues for violins, Ben! A fast cycle & a fast SMC should have you smiling till the next 'little nap'! Well done, Chunderbolt!!

4:57 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

But, did you beat Plu Ben?

A solid 10k is a good training session. Glad it went well.

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home