Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sluggish workouts

Mon PM: 8K run at snails pace.
Tue AM: 1500m swim at sea-snails pace.
Wed AM: 6 * 1K intervals @ about 4:45 with 2 minutes walking rests.
Sleep: Poor
Weight: 78.2 (hey hey hey it's Chunderbolt - na na na gonna have a good time)

Monday was your typical recovery run - it felt rusty, I was a bit sore and not into it much. I finished strongly enough, and pulled up OK. I ran my hilly little scenic six and a bit loop with an extra lap of the lake in Bicentennial Park to make up 8K.

After a sleepless night on Monday, I took it really easy in the pool on Tuesday morning - 1500m divided into three lots of 500m with a breather between each lot.

Now, as I hinted at in my previous post I am involved in a new romance. This means that I am generally in a really good mood most of the time at the moment, but let me tell you: there is nothing in the world that can put a positive spin on speedwork after two consecutive nights of insomnia.

I had severe motivation deficit disorder this morning, and the first K effort was just horrible. I picked up a bit after that, but in general it was a tough workout. Since I am posting away from my computer I don't have the splits, but they were all around 4:35 - 4:50. There were six of them. I'm still feeling sore six hours later so let's call it a bloody good workout - I really felt it.

In other news, I saw the doctor yesterday, and I am weaning off the antidepressants. I reckon the time is right, but time will tell if the insomnia gets silly. I'm pretty happy about this.

8 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

I wouldn't call 6*1k repeats @ 4.45 a sluggish workout Benny - well done mate.

Glad to hear about the improved social life but I'm not convinced that not being able to sleep is attributable exclusively to insomnia ;-)

2:33 pm  
Blogger Gronk said...

Hey thats a good session Benny. Good to see that things are turning arond for you mate in all parts of your life.

5:20 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

I'm really happy to hear that you're happy Benny. It's about time and you deserve it.

Now - this will be no excuse for slacking off OK? Your head may be on cloud nine but your feet need to do some work down here on earth.

7:19 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Marvellous!

sfG

11:43 pm  
Blogger Horrie said...

It's great to see things turning around for you Ben. Reaquainting yourself with some love in your life as well as getting off the anti-depressants is great news. Your interval session sounded like a ball breaker so congratulations for sticking with it and finishing it.

3:40 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

Great effort Benny!!!
I am glad your feeling on top of things... just look after yourself now!

8:21 pm  
Blogger miners said...

Great to hear that things are looking really positive down your way Ben - and that was a hell of a good speed sesison too mate.

Hope you (and your new friend) have yourself a great weekend :)

3:37 pm  
Blogger Aki said...

Ditto to what 2P said, that set of reps would have been really tough!

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home