Friday, February 17, 2006

Easy Sixes

Wed AM: Easy 6K Run
Fri AM: Easy 6.5K Run

This week is a rest week, and I've been taking it pretty easy.

The runs on Wednesday & this morning were pretty similar to Monday's run - easy half hour runs where the target was to run marginally faster than six minute K's, but towards the end of each run I found myself unintentionally creeping up to 5:30s and even 5:20s.

On Wednesday I joined Sydney Striders. The Strider's were so ecstatic that a runner of my ability had joined that they sent their president to my workplace the following day to welcome me aboard.

OK, maybe he did have a meeting there already.

This weekend I will have a go at the 10K in Smiffo, but given that I don't want to bash myself up I'll probably aim at 54-55 minutes.

Yes, TA - Valentine's Day was spent with DJ. As Gronk would say, :D

Now TA also asked about March 19. March 19 is the date of the Eaglehawk half-marathon in country Victoria. This is my next target race / attempt at running under 1:50.

The last three attempts at 1:50 have resulted in vomit and walking. The 1:50 monkey has been on my back for nearly a year now. I think I'm nearly there, but I know that faster runners than I struggle to beat this time, so I'm still nervous about it and will have to train my buttocks off for the next month to achieve it.

4 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

You will get there Benny - good to see things going well for you AND a visit from the Pres! Did he turn up in a car shaped like a running shoe with the number plate Striders 1?

11:21 am  
Blogger Gronk said...

Go Strider ! :)

12:05 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey Hey!!! Welcome to the green and white :-) I am glad you have had a nice easy week... enjoy! Woo hoo on the nice valentines day :-)

12:47 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

What service!!

Great to see another Strider :)

1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home