Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Dreaded Lurgy

Tues AM: 1500m slow, painful swim.
Sleep: Ordinary
Weight: 78Kg of lard.

The swim on Tuesday morning just felt laboured; 1500m of rest encrusted, crowded pool shite.

Later in the day the other symptoms started: tickle in the throat, runny nose and general lethargy. Sleep was a real problem last night so it was an easy executive decision to abandon today's run. Tomorrow is a planned rest day, which I will take. Friday I might go for a light jog.

We are 3 and a half weeks out from Eaglehawk. The last thing I want to do is go into another key race still recovering from illness as I did at the Central Coast in December; that resulted in vomit 40% into the race, which is far too early, even for me.

I figure I can probably get away with shortening the long run on Sunday if I'm not on top of my game - I've done 2 20K long runs so far, and I'll get another one in next weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Benny - take it easy mate ;-)

5:29 pm  
Blogger Gronk said...

Rest up Benny. Take care matey.

8:41 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Not good Benny - I hope its just a little tickle and you will be better very soon.

2:35 pm  
Blogger Carolyne said...

Take care Ben, and do the right thing and listen to your body. Only do the run on Friday if you feel up to it.

Be kind to yourself, and get better soon.

7:16 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Take it easy Ben. Look after that 78kg running machine.

1:23 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Take care of yourself Ben and rest up - it will do you more good than trying to squeeze in an extra session or two !

8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home