Friday, March 24, 2006

Accepting the Inevitable

Wed AM: Run, 9K @ 5:50 pace

 

I am grudgingly coming to accept that the next three weeks are going to be an exercise in watching my fitness disappear up my ever expanding arse. In amongst the getting myself ready for the trip, gathering stuff for my brother and working I’ve managed one solitary run since Sunday – a 9K jog around Luddenham that felt a little bit stiff.

 

My weight has been creeping up. I have to admit that I’ve been having an empty carb & fat carnival since the race. Last night’s Coolrunning drinks was typical of this: 3 cokes and more wedges than any human should consume in one sitting. It was a great social night, but I dipped out early as it was a school night, and given that today is my last day at work I thought I best be rested for it.

 

My brother has warned me that running is unlikely to be safe in Venezuela – narrow streets, insane drivers and unsavoury areas. I’ll take my gear over, but I’m not going to get too hung up about using it. If the opportunity doesn’t eventuate it will just be like an injury lay off, and I usually come back pretty strong from them.

 

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Have a safe trip Benny. :)

12:40 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Have a great hol Benny! Good idea taking the running gear along, you might find a gym with a tready.

8:05 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

Don't worry about the fitness Benny; think of it as a good recovery period so that you will be well rested and can build up again when you get back

Have a safe - and fantastic - holiday!

How is Luddenham these days?

8:06 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Rest is good Ben. And besides, a change is as good as a holiday. Oh, that's right - you are having a holiday :-)

Hope it goes the best!

Gnome

2:01 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

Enjoy the holiday Benny - remember how strong Kit came back after her trip to Japan?

3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home