Friday, March 03, 2006

Range Week

Fri PM: Ride, 21.8K @ 24.2kph
Sat AM: Coolrunning 5K Challenge, 26:00.
Sun AM: 13K Run - Awful
Mon PM: Run, 6.58K in 37:21 - Standard Recovery
Tue PM: Ride, 31K @ 25.6
Wed AM: Trail Run,7.65K in 1:04:28.
Fri PM: Swim, 1500m slow

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I have had almost no internet access for nine days.

This is because of range week. As some of you know, I work in ladies underwear (pun intended). Twice a year the founder of our company lets us use his home in Vaucluse to determine the range for the next season. This means that we spend the week viewing the range on models with a backdrop of the glorious Sydney Harbour.

Sometimes I really, really like my job.

Anyway, the training has been patchy, but OK under the circumstances.

I was still feeling a bit rough on Friday, so I just went out for a 21K bike ride in the afternoon, which I took slowly.

On Saturday I did the Coolrunning 5K challenge. I wanted to take it easy, so I left on 27 minutes to guide and possibly pace a mate of the Gnome's (Darren). We finished in 26:00 - right on 1:50 HM pace. Bonus.

Sunday was an awful long run. Planned 16K, started taking walk breaks at 7K, quit at 13K and walked home. I just wasn't over the cold.

The only session worthy of mention during the week was a magic 7.6K trail run on Wednesday morning. I started at Shark Beach and ran the 1.8K Hermitage Foreshore Walking Track out and back twice. It is a hilly track taking in spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The problem was keeping my eyes off the view and on the track. I finished at Shark Beach with a dip to cool my legs off and went off and had my shower. It was at this point that I realised with some horror that I had neglected to pack fresh underpants - this meant that I had to go to work freesnake. This would not be a hassle if the plan for the day was not to watch lingerie models showing the new seasons range.

Luckily the day passed without embarrassing incident. The run left my legs with rsidual soreness for a couple of days, obviously my lack of hillwork was showing here.

I'm going to finish this post here. I'll blog last weekend later today or tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

I can see that your job comes with fringe benefits Benny.

Good to see that you managed to get through the day in Vaucluse without incident. LOL.

5:40 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

And they pay you to do this? I don't think the high school career counsellors mention these jobs.

Good luck with the training when you come back down to earth.

9:28 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

I like a job with no G-Strings attached - strikes a chord ;-)

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home