Thursday, March 30, 2006

That clean, fresh air

Wed: 4 hour bushwalk in the South American jungle.

Ola from Merida, Venezuela.

It took me two and a half days of travelling to get here, and with all of the jetlag and rubbish I didn´t get any exercise in. I had an hour at the Hilton Caracas before the gym closed on Monday night, but they had the front to ask me to pay about $13AUD to use the gym. Considering the ridiculous tarrif I was already paying for accommodation I couldn´t do it on priciple, so I just went to bed.

I got into Merida on Tuesday morning. It was awesome to see my brother after so long. We spent the day catching up and bullshitting. In the evening we had a vegetable, garlic and cheese pasta which Clint cooked and said that it would cause him flatulence problems the following day.

I wish I had remembered that this morning when we decided to go on a bushwalk. We went up into the mountains, where the scemnery was utterly stunning. The vegetation was so rich. We didn´t see much in the way of fauna, but the plantlife was just beatiful.

So I spent the day a couple of paces behind Clint, who, to be blunt, was exhaling through his anus - with halitosis. This made it even more difficult to breath, as I was already struggling a bit with the altitude. We aren´t sure, but we were probably at a higher altitude today than I have ever been before.

May be able to get out for a run tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Not walking in south american jungle Benny - running ! That way the big snakes and other nasties can't catch you ! ;-P

10:23 am  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I bet it's great to catch up with Clint. Make the most of it :-).

TA

11:07 am  
Blogger 2P said...

Great to hear from you Benny - keep the updates coming (as long as you haven't asphyxiated that is) ;-)

1:41 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

EEEW that sounds nasty! At least it might keep the bities away! We would love a photo or two.... make me green with envy! Cherish the time with your brother!

6:30 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Tee hee, that's so funny about your brother. Maybe next time stay a few paces in front.

Its good to hear from you Benny. I'm with Kit - some piccies would be great. Though I guess we can wait until you get back.

Have fun!

11:27 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

That could bring an extra edge to altitude training!

10:59 pm  
Blogger Don Juan said...

What an awesome trip.

Walking around everyday will keep you in shape.

I'll have to compare that pasta dish with lentils.

10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home