Sunday, December 12, 2004

Country Lanes

Last night I prepared for this mornings long bike ride by taking a look at the street directory and picking out some roads I could use to extend last weeks long ride course.

Having chosen said roads I headed out at 6:30 this morning for a 95 minute 34 kilometre bike ride. I felt pretty good for the first half of the ride. When I hit the new parts of my course I found that the chosen roads were real country laneways. The turf farms had given way to dairy farms, and the roads looked very lightly trafficked.

Midway through the ride there was a street with a couple of short, nasty little hills, and from this point I started to struggle just a little bit. The rest of the ride passed without surprise, but by the end I was glad to be finished, but I got through it all.

Later in the day I caught up with Craig, who has offered to keep coaching me and looking at my program. I have to say I am utterly stoked about this. At the moment the program is all over the place because of the knee. Once we see some improvement I will go over the program with Craig and decide whether I am going to pursue triathlon, running or both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home