Friday, December 17, 2004

A Decent Run

Today I was down for speedwork: 5 x 400m intervals.

I had thoughts of heading to the local oval to do them, but I decided that the best thing for my knee was to do them on the treadmill. When the knee felt a little niggly this morning that settled it: treadmill it was.

I started with a 500m warm up, and went for 3 sets of 400m at 13kph with 200m rests at 8kph. I felt that this was a little soft, so I did the last two 400m efforts at 13.5kph. This felt a bit harder, and got my HR up to 170. I didn't want to go much harder than that while I'm getting back into it. Finished it off with a 700m warm down and 15 minutes of stretching. The knee felt it a little bit during the last effort, but overall the knee came through well.

Tomorrow is a well earned rest day before a long bike ride on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home