Monday, December 13, 2004

Good News

It was pissing down when I woke up this morning, so the run I had hoped to do on the local oval became a tredmill run. 3K at 6 min/k pace. It was a great session for a couple of reasons:
  • My heart rate only got up to 154 (so I haven't lost as much runningt condition as I had thought).
  • My knee did not hurt at all. Didn't feel it.

I iced it afterwards, and felt a little sore after sitting down for a while, and a little tight in the ITB, but running was not a problem.

I spoke to the sports doctor, and he was happily surprised. He wants me to see the physio ASAP (I'm booked for Wednesday) and short runs for the next two weeks, but he is encouraging speedwork (10K PB here I come, it's a painfully soft 57 minutes).

I finished the day with swim squad. Tonight was a tough session, I won't say "stretcher session", but I do feel like a nice lie down. T'was about 1.2K of drills. Tomorrow is a little softer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home