Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Going good.

Saturday was a rest day. During the day I caught up with Craig and borrowed a road bike from him which I spent the day fixing up. Unfortunately when I took it for a ride that afternoon I found I had missed the fact that the rear brakes were shot, so I ended up doing my Sunday long ride on the mountain bike.

Before I started on my ride, I popped in to watch the first half of the Hawkesbury triathlon club race. I got roped into doing some marshalling and so I hung around for a bit longer than I had expected. I knew quite a few of the people from the triathlon club from the gym. They were doing a BBQ/picnic after the race and I sort of wanted to hang around, but I had a busy day, so I set off on my ride.

I had mapped out what I thought was a 33K course, but it turned out to be 35K. The new bits of the course were very flat and it was a very comfortable 95 minutes to complete the course. I pushed myself a bit – the avge HR was about 145, but I felt quite good. I had neglected to use my hydration pack, so I spent the rest of the day drinking anything close by. I also went and saw the musical “We Will Rock You”. Brilliant. If you get the chance go.

Monday morning was a 4K run around the local oval. I did this in 22 minutes (pretty fast for me). I was keen to go fast, as that was doctors orders. Got the HR up to 168. Knee was starting to play up on the last lap.

Straight from training to physio. He was happy with my progress, but he really hurt me again. He doesn’t want me to increase my distance for 3 weeks until he sees me next.

Monday arvo is Swim Squad. This was excellent. I felt so good in the pool. 200m, which would have been a real struggle 2 weeks ago was no problems. Ben (swim coach) has noticed big improvements with my stroke.

This morning was the first ride on the road bike. I was down for 73 minutes on the plan, but I went for three loops of my 10K course. With the distance to and from the loop the ride was 31.5K, done in 80 minutes. Quite a bit faster than the mountain bike, so training recently has just been great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home