Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Speedwork Sucks

This morning I would describe as a "stretcher session". I hit the local oval for 5x400m reps at 1:45 pace. This was my first go at speedwork off the treadmill, and so pacing was always going to be hit-and-miss.

The first rep was done in 1:43. Very happy with that. I was taking a 90 second standing rest, and the other reps were as follows:

1:38
1:37
1:31
1:33

Obviously I set my sights a little low, but by the end of the last, I had to take a lie down. After I had regained my composure I warmed down over 3 laps and went home. The knee felt slightly niggly towards the end, but I am still stoked with it.

During the day I finished my Xmas shopping (yay), and went for a swim in the afternoon. I knew it was going to be a struggle after the speedwork in the morning, and it was. I got through 800 sluggish metres on various drills.

I'm feeling a bit washed out tonight. I need a good nights sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home