Sunday, February 13, 2005

A weird old treadmill run

After the pain of the last few days, I decided that the treadmill was the safest bet for my long run today - 8K as per physio request.

The knee felt pretty good prior to the run, but for the first 4K it was at the point where I was thinking "if it starts hurting any worse I'll pull the pin."At the same time, I felt ordinary. My cardio system was doing OK - breathing a little heavy, but I just felt bad (could be 5 consecutive sub-four hour sleeps - damn insomnia).

From half-way onwards I still felt bad, but the knee improved to more of a niggling pain. My MP3 player threw up "T-Shirt Weather" by the Lucksmiths for the final 2 minutes of the run, thus giving my something to really sing along to as I finished the 8K off.

The knee feels decidedly ordinary this afternoon. I have physio at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning, where I suspect I am going to rediscover the joy of ITB massage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home