Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hobnobbing with Olympians

Friday's rest day was a bit depressing. The pain in my knee did not abate - and having that sort of patella femeral pain that I have only had during running previously really worried me.

I has apprehensive about this mornings ride with the tri club, but the knee felt great this morning, and felt great during the ride.

There were only four of us, and I got dropped of a third of the way through. One of the guys came back to help me catcch up with the other two. Although I had said G'day to him before, I had never really spoken to Lochsley before, but we chatted for about half an hour after this. I had overheard him talking about high jump, and when I asked I found out that he had represented Australia at the 1992 Olympics, coming 16th in the high jump.

I held on pretty well after we caught up, and I felt pretty good about that, because the pace was pretty hot.

Spent the rest of the day at a BBQ on a beautiful Sydney Autumn day. Good company, good beer, vegetarian sausages. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home