Saturday, July 16, 2005

Fast Tri Club Ride

Bike: 54K in 1:50, Avge Speed 28.8kph. Tough Work.

It was a large group at tri club today, about 15 of us. The guys went out at normal pace, and we decided to take a slightly longer deviation, I had taken this deviation by myself before, so I knew it was a really rough bit of road. Lochsley told me to try the bigger gears on the rough surface, which I tried, and it seems to make things a little easier.

After we got through Richmond (15K into the ride) everyone picked up the pace, and I struggled to keep up. Basically this set the pattern for the entire ride. I struggled for the rest of the ride, and at times I felt like I had nothing. But it is rides like this that make you push your limits, and 28.8 is the fastest I have averaged on one of these rides, so it's good that I'm still improving given I'm only riding once a week.

I've decided to give the group run a miss tomorrow. I feel like putting on the MP3 player and just going out for a 15K cruise on my own.

In fact, I'm really looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

I'm impressed - that's one helluva bike session. Well done! I'm tired just reading about it. At least you are riding once a week - I'm still at the thinking about it stage.

2:46 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm double impressed, Ben! and a 15km cruise on your own sounds good too. Are you doing any runs in Sydney soon e.g. C2S or Blackmore's half marathon?

4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home