Sunday, July 17, 2005

The glorious Sunday long run

Run 15.7K in 88:20. Good solid long run.

Got out at seven o'clock this morning, as the sun was starting to take hold. I chose one of my old loop to Richmond courses, out through South Windsor, up Blacktown Road, around Richmond station and back home along Windsor Street.

I got a bit carried away early and the heartrate got up to 160 in the first K, but then I settled into a comfortable pace, and the HR went down to low 140s. It was to rise steadily throughout the run, finishing in the high 150s.

There was nothing too special about this run. I wasn't the most comfortable I have ever been, but it was pretty comfortable. It wasn't very fast, but it was faster than most long runs. It was just a good, solid Sunday long run.

The MP3 player seemed to throw up plenty of good sing-along songs, and I sang along. I'm sure it sounds horrible, but I can't help myself.

I love my Sunday long run. It set me up for the day, and boy did I need it - I spent the rest of the day sorting out financial year end stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home