Sunday, July 31, 2005

It doesn't get much better

Run: 20K in 1:56. Steady pace, worked hard.

Well, things have certainly improved since yesterday's debacle. In fact it's been a bloody marvellous weekend.

After taking it easy for a couple of hours after the aborted ride yesterday I worked in the yard listening to a radio description of my AFL team, the mighty Sainters, wallop Melbourne.

This morning I arose at 6:40AM on a coolish morning to hit the road for my planned 18-20K run. The knee had come up a treat - not sore at all.

In the past I have run to my heartrate. Today I wanted to be guided by pace. The target was between 5:45 and 6:00 pace.

I chose one of my old trusty out-to-Richmond-back to Windsor loops, and kept a keen eye on my Garmin to keep myself in the pace zone. I probably went a little bit harder than I usually would on a long run (the average HR was 152), but not a real lot. My slowest K wat 6:00, and my fastest (the 20th :) ) was 5:31. Felt stuffed but really happy after the run - it was a great workout

Spent the afternoon in the garden again, this time listening to frequent score updates of my beloved Rabbitohs flogging the Bulldogs in the NRL. This post was half written before and half written after watching the replay on the telly.

Top Weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Missed reading your blog lately as I've no computer at the new place. Glad you were ok after Friday's shock!

6:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home