Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A New Toy

Tues PM: Swim Squad, 1.8K, a nice, tough session
Wed AM: Run, 13.59K in 1:14:48 @ 5:30m/k Ave HR 157 Max HR 173

I picked my GF301 up from the post office on Tuesday morning, and spent the entire day at work looking at it longingly and wanting to play with it.

Swim Squad was the usual tough workout on Tuesday night. Only two of us turned up, so we both got good individual treatment. The session was tough. Gordon's sessions follow a familiar pattern: 800m or so of warm up, and then the hard stuff, of which he gives us about 2K. I get as far through it as I can within the hour. We did a lot of work with paddles on Tuesday, and I'm useless with them, so the session was tough.

Spent the night at my sister's place, but she and her husband had gone out to a gig, so I spent the night learning how to use the GF301 and set the alarm early for my first run with it. Unfortunately I didn't sleep a wink (damn insomnia).

It was a mild morning for my run along the Georgess River, and it was a good run. I've been doing my midweek long run at a faster pace, and I kept up with this. Whenever I checked my pace I was around 5:30, so I wasn't surprised that the run ended up bang on 5:30. My breathing was slightly laboured throughout, and for the last K I wanted it to be over, but all in all an enjoyable run of 13.59K. This is my longest midweek run from Sydenham thusfar.

The ITB still feels tight. I haven't had any knee pain yet, but I reckon a massage before C2S is probably a good idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Ben, remember to run according to your body, not according to your Garmin. (Having said that, I still think that they're the coolest toy! :-)

sfG

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home