Friday, July 22, 2005

A Mad Week

Tues PM: Swim Squad 1.9K. Solid Effort
Thur AM: Run, 11K in 65 min
Fri AM: Treadmill Intervals 2.5K w/up, 10*400m @ 13kph, 200m rests @ 8kph. 2% incline. Hard Work.

What a week! I was all set to go to my sister's place as per usual on Tuesday when I realised I had left my running shoes at home. Bugger.

So I went to swim squad for a pretty hard session. My stroke is getting better and stronger, but my tumble turns (and I don't attempt them often) are shite. I had a bit of trouble with cramp in my right leg, which is a right bastard in the pool.

I drove home after squad, and after doing a few chores it was 11:30 by the time I hit the sack. I made the decision that 4:30AM was not an option and planned to run in the evening.

Well, the faeces hit the fan at work on Wednesday. I was the only one in the office, the rest of the staff being at Tuggerah setting up a new shop. I got a frantic call at 10:30 saying that there wasn't enough stock, so I quickly organised a selection of stock from the warehouse and loaded my poor little Daewoo full of boxes and set off at 3:00.

Well, I was there at 5:30, and I had to help putting the stock out (I wouldn't feel right just buggering off). I didn't get out of there until 9:30, but gee the store looked good. Home by 11:30, bed at 12:10.

I told them I'd be a bit late on Thursday so I could sneak in my midweek long run. I was up at 5:30 and did the 2.5K canine warmup through Windsor and an 8.5K loop through Bligh Park at a solid pace, getting the HR up to about 165. Like last week, the legs felt it but the cardio coped well.

Thursday afternoon threw up another little problem (not work related) which meant I had to drive out to Lane Cove that evening after I got home. The traffic was great, so I was home by 9:10 and in bed by 10:15. This made 4:30AM this morning a realistic prospect.

Top morning, this morning. A bit chilly during the warm up with the dogs, and then on to the treadmill for the standard interval session. Usually I do this after a rest day, and I think it makes a big difference. I faded towards the end, and instead of a top HR of 170 or so, I ended up on 175. It was still a pretty good start to the day, and didn't wreck me completely.

This weekend we have a wine tasting trip to the Hunter organised with the In-laws. Right now I'd much prefer just to run, sleep and watch football and cricket all weekend, but given how silly my mother-in-law gets after two glasses of wine it should be an hilarious weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Life just gets in the way sometimes doesn't it. At least you managed a couple of runs and a swim, more than a lot of people do. Have you got the Garmin yet?

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home