Monday, July 18, 2005

Shopping at 5:40AM

Run: 7K in 48 minutes

I got up super early for my recovery run this morning. Standard fare: 3.5K with dogs, 3.5K without. It was bloody cold: -1 degree. It's still that cold now.

I got home just in time for the end of th Ebay auction. I am now the proud owner of a Garmin Forerunner 301. Woo Hoo!

My friend Luckylegs has asked about which races I will be doing over the next few months. I put a plan together a few days ago, but I neglected to put the Blackmores half on it. How can you resist a run over the coathanger that finishes next to the Australian icon designed by a Danish architect? I can't, so my race schedule is:

14/8 - City 2 Surf
21/8 - Hidden Half (social run)
3/9 - Striders 10K, North Head
11/9 - Blackmores Half
1/10 - Striders 10K, Homebush Bay

And hopefully the Central Coast half if there is one this year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great plan Ben! (looks rather like what I have in store for the next couple of months! :-D)

10:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS Have fun with the new toy!

10:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate

The CC Half is on the First Sunday of December!

2:55 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Getting out at 5:40a.m.!! Ben, I can't bear to even think about it & of course, I'm not thinking at that time anyhow...sound asleep!
That's a good selection of races coming up & your friend 'Luckylegs' is very pleased you've added Blackmore's half to it! I'll look out for you on the 'coathanger'!

Have fun with the GF 301 & let's know what you think of it..Woo Hoo!

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home