Saturday, August 06, 2005

The ride that didn't happen

Zip. Nada. Nuthin'


It was bloody cold this morning, so I got into all of the cold weather gear for the morning ride, but I noticed that the brakes felt a bit dodgy on the ride to the church where the tri club meets.

I got a couple of the experienced guys to cast an eye over the bike, and one of them came out with "you can't ride that - it's a deathtrap."

The front brakes were sticking and the rear brakes were dodgy too. So I cautiously rode home knowing full well that this put the sword to getting any training in all day. We had a barbie planned for the afternoon, and the second I showed up at home I got sucked in to the preparation for this event. I did manage to get the bike up to the workshop for a full service.

While it was in getting fixed I got a visit from Craig (from whom I had borrowed the bike). He had brought over anaother bike which was actually a little better and more my size. I'll take it for a test spin tomorrow afternoon. I'm really lucky to have such a generous neighbour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home