Saturday, August 13, 2005

More than I bargained for

Ride: 50K in 2:04

Went out for a last hurrah with the old team from work - we start going our seperate ways next week, so I arose late and slightly seedy for the tri club ride this morning.

The plan was to ride with the guys for 15K or so and head home for a light pre-C2S ride.

I was running late heading out the door when I got a call asking if I was going to be there because one of the guys had brought a bike in for me, as I had expressed interest in buying one.

So I decided I should drive in, and what followed was a catalogue of cock ups as I needed to take some pedals with me (and I had to take them off the bike) and there was a thick sheet of ice covering the car. I got up there 15 minutes late, and got a quick lesson on Campagnola shifters and had a beautiful ride on an Orbea Vento - a beautiful bike that was just the right size for me. I didn't push too hard, as I knew I needed to conserve myself for Sunday, but after the kerfuffle made to get me on the bike it would have been really poor form to turn off 15K in, so the full 50 it was.

I love the bike, but although the price on offer is very good it's still a bit too expensive for me (although I can't pretend I'm not considering it).

My legs are a bit weary this evening, but I reckon I'm still in very good shape for tomorrow. Big stretch before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home