Monday, April 10, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Sun PM: 5.5K in 31 minutes

I got in at 8:00AM Sunday morning after a 52 hour trip home including my
walking tour of Buenos Aires. Some strategic use of sleeping pills got
me home relatively free of jetlag, and I had an easy day settling back
in at home. In the early evening I decided to get out for a short sharp
run just to remind my legs what I expected from them and to get myself a
bit more tired for a good night sleep.

I didn't feel too flash on the run. I did it mostly at about 5:40 pace
with slightly laboured breathing. I'd hoped to feel a bit better at this
pace, but it may just be due to fatigue from the flight.

I have neglected to tell you all a good story from my last night in
Merida. Listen up, Nat - you'll like this one.

Apart from the Teleferico, Merida has another claim to fame. It holds
the ice creamery with the world largest number of flavours, so I had to
visit it.

Now I reckon you don't go to an ice creamery with a record like that and
order vanilla choc-chip, so I had three scoops, which were:

- Beer
- Cheese
- Garlic

Now, the beer ice cream was OK - I'd go so far as to say nice.

The cheese ice cream was tolerable.

Garlic ice cream is pretty much as you would expect - a crime against
humanity. It was bloody horrible, but it was ice cream so I finished it.

Clint thought his Brandy & Sardine ice cream was pretty good.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cirque said...

Welcome home Ben!
And in case you were wondering, your ice cream story even made my 'iron guts' 16 year old son feel like throwing up.

Glad you're home safe anyway!

8:24 pm  
Blogger R2B said...

Hola Amigo!
Nice post.
I would have tried the best they had to offer in that ice creamery but i'm glad you can report on the worst!
Cheers R2B

10:13 pm  
Blogger 2P said...

Welcome back Ben ;-)

Garlic icecream???? Bet you didn't have any trouble with the person next to you on the plane putting their head on your shoulder :-)

1:47 pm  
Blogger miners said...

mate - great to hear you're back on home soil. You can keep your ice-cream recipes to yourself though

5:19 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Welcome home Benny! If you aren't a sick, sad man, then you only should be after eating that combination! I'm never going out to a cafe with you again...

(OK, I'm a liar. I can't wait actually :-))

Gnome

10:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those icecreams sound ghastly, Ben! You'd better get straight back onto the good old rum 'n raisin! Nice to have you back & thanks for such nice comments on my blog.

10:56 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Welcome back Benny. As much fun as holidays are its always nice to come home isn't it.

PS Those ice-creams .... you sick man!!!!!

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back Captain.

However I need to have a word with you about your taste in icecream.

Definitely NOT what I would have chosen.

wt

8:56 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

Welcome home!!!!!

Garlic ice cream???? surely there was some sort of tripple million chocolate to o.d on!

3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home