Sunday, April 16, 2006

Settling Back In

Mon PM: Run 6.5K @ 5:50
Tues PM: Run 7.5K @ 5:50
Fri AM: Run 10K in 57 min
Sat AM: Ride, 41K @ 27.4kph
Sun PM: Run, 7.2K of hills in 45 minutes.
Weight: 81Kg (ouch)
Sleep: Really ordinary.

Well, the week has been an utter shitfight at work, so blogging has been very difficult. It has been a full on week in many ways.

Let's start with the training. I won't go into blow by blows, but it would be fair to say I have come back in far worse condition than I left. Every session this week has been a huffing challenge. They were all pretty flat efforts around Luddenham except for todays run - a hilly bastard from my folks place in Copacabana to Avoca and back to Copa.

Saturdays' ride was a fast bit of fun riding from Luddenham up to the M4 and along that road to Blacktown & back. Wednesday and Thursday was a write off due to work and other commitments.

Now, it's about time I gave you an update on what's going on with me. The day I got back to Sydney I moved in with DJ and her eight year old twin daughters at Luddenham. It's not exactly escaping the western suburbs as I had hoped (quite the opposite) but things are going pretty bloody well and there is no way in hell you'll hear me complaining.

The next few months are going to be utter bastards at work, and I have no internet access at Luddenham. Add to this the new world I have moved into (and how exciting is that?) and I think you'll understand that my participation in the online world will be limited. I will be updating my blog sporadically and reading blogs even more sporadically. Hopefully just sticking to the highlights will make the blog a bit more interesting. We will have to see.

7 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Hey Benny - glad to hear it is working out for you so well with DJ - twin daughters - twice the trouble ;-)

11:18 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

Make sure you blog whenever you can Benny.

10:00 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow. How exciting! I'm so happy for you. Don't stress about not being able to blog Benny; just update us when you can

10:54 am  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Congratulations. Enjoy. Don't stress about us; we'll still be here when you get a look in :-)

(Of course, you could always rattle up a modem from somewhere and get web access out in the wilds of Luddenham :-))

Gnome

11:14 am  
Blogger Horrie said...

Great to hear about your new domestic situation Ben. Mate, living life in a new relationship is far more important than blogging. Mate, just make sure you keep running. That way, we will still see you at different events.

11:35 am  
Blogger Katie said...

All very exciting.... enjoy!!!! Just pop in form time to time... we will all still be here (is that a good thing or a sad thing???) Twins... WOW!!! That will keep you running.... needing sanity ;-)

Take care and we will all look forward to your updates!

3:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's all this anti-twin stuff????

That Copa-Avoca run is a real bastard well done.

Hope you settle in well, don't worry about blogging, I have no excuse and don't do enough.

8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home